HealthEquity Announces James Lucania as CFO
“We welcome Jim and believe his depth of experience and financial acumen will be a strong addition to Team Purple,” said
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including but not limited to, statements regarding our industry, business strategy, plans, goals and expectations concerning our markets and market position, product expansion, future operations, expenses and other results of operations, revenue, margins, profitability, acquisition synergies, future efficiencies, tax rates, capital expenditures, liquidity and capital resources and other financial and operating information. When used in this discussion, the words “may,” “believes,” “intends,” “seeks,” “aims,” “anticipates,” “plans,” “estimates,” “expects,” “should,” “assumes,” “continues,” “could,” “will,” “future” and the negative of these or similar terms and phrases are intended to identify forward-looking statements in this press release.
Forward-looking statements reflect our current expectations regarding future events, results or outcomes. These expectations may or may not be realized. Although we believe the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, we can give you no assurance these expectations will prove to be correct. Some of these expectations may be based upon assumptions, data or judgments that prove to be incorrect. Actual events, results and outcomes may differ materially from our expectations due to a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors. Although it is not possible to identify all of these risks and factors, they include, among others, risks related to the following:
- our dependence on the continued availability and benefits of tax-advantaged HSAs and other consumer-directed benefits (“CDBs”);
- our ability to adequately place and safeguard our custodial assets, or the failure of any of our depository or insurance company partners;
- the impact from a decline in interest rate levels on our financial results;
- our ability to realize the anticipated financial and other benefits from combining the operations of recent and future acquisitions with our business successfully;
- our ability to compete effectively in a rapidly evolving healthcare and benefits administration industry;
- our ability to successfully identify, acquire and integrate additional portfolio purchases or acquisition targets;
- the significant competition we face and may face in the future, including from those with greater resources than us;
- the impact of societal and economic changes arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Company, our operations and our financial results;
- our reliance on the availability and performance of our technology and communications systems;
- potential future cybersecurity breaches of our technology and communications systems and other data interruptions, including resulting costs and liabilities, reputational damage and loss of business;
- the current uncertain healthcare environment, including changes in healthcare programs and expenditures and related regulations;
- our ability to comply with current and future privacy, healthcare, tax, ERISA, investment adviser and other laws applicable to our business;
- our reliance on partners and third-party vendors for distribution and important services;
- our ability to develop and implement updated features for our technology and communications systems; and
- our reliance on our management team and key team members.
For a detailed discussion of these and other risk factors, please refer to the risks detailed in our filings with the
Investor Relations Contact:
Source: HealthEquity, Inc.